A flatbread pizza is the perfect addition to a summer bbq, especially for that special vegetarian in your life! Now that our tomatoes of ripening, we couldn’t wait to make something simple and yummy to show off our harvest. We went for the tried and tested margherita flatbread, but there’s no limit to the variety of pizzas you could create from your garden.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Mix minced garlic with olive oil in a small bowl with a pinch of sea salt.
- Lightly paint surface of naan with this mixture.
- Layer sliced tomato & mozzarella on top of grilled naan.
- Place your naan flatbread on the grill, and close the lid. Your pizza should stay on the grill long enough to heat through and melt the cheese, about 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from the grill once done to your standards, and place on a large cutting board.
- Dress with fresh basil leaves and hot pepper flakes as desired!
- Cut and serve immediately.
- If you’re tomatoes aren't quite ripe yet, your garden is full of other great flatbread combinations! Swap out reds for GREENS; arugula, spinach, kale, or chard are just as tasty in a flatbread. Grilled zucchini, roasted beets, and bell peppers are also yummy substitutes.
- Spread a little of our carrot top pesto over top of your grilled flatbread for extra hints of garden-fresh flavor.
- Opt for a Greek twist to the flatbread; use veggies of your choice with feta cheese and kalamata olives.
- Check out our melon-prosciutto flatbread recipe for a sweet and savory alternative!