We fully support "playing with food" with our Herbed Deviled Eggs recipe. This is a great activity for chefs of all ages. Time to fill your Pinterest boards with beautiful DIY food art!
Don't have a piping bag for artisanal-filling capabilities? No problem. One of our favorite chef-hacks is putting the egg yolk mixture into a ziploc bag and cutting off a corner for a simple and inexpensive solution.
- 4 hardboiled eggs
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/8 cup mustard
- Handful of chopped chives
- Splash of Sriracha
- S & P to taste
- Fresh dill, cilantro, parlsey, basil + anything else growing in your garden for garnishing
- Peel eggs and cut in half.
- Gently push the yolks out of the halved eggs and into a small bowl and place the egg whites on a plate.
- Add the yogurt, mustard, chives, Sriracha, salt & pepper to the yolks. Mix until smooth and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Scoop the mixture into a small ziploc bag and seal.
- Use scissors to snip off a small corner of the ziploc..
- Squeeze the filling out of the bag into the egg whites.
- Dress up your deviled eggs with fresh herbs and hot sauce. Don't be afraid to have fun and make some egg-art!
-Use other spices such as turmeric, smoked paprika, garlic or curry to make the filling a little more flavorful..
-Scale up the recipe for your Sunday brunch gathering.
-Garnish possibilities are endless, from fresh herbs to bacon pieces! Get your creative juices flowing here.