Spinach Artichoke Grilled Cheese
Tired of the same-ol' grilled cheese sandwich? Add some greens from your Salad Seedsheet & artichokes to make things interesting! This recipe makes two crazy-delicious grilled cheese sandwiches. You'll never look back!
- 4 slices of your favorite bread
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped artichokes
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves (or any other available hardy greens such as kale, arugula, or mustards)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup shredded Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded romano cheese
- S & P
- A couple knobs of butter
- Sauté chopped garlic and greens in butter and a pinch of salt. Wilt greens, then turn off the heat to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine sautéed greens with Jack, Romano, artichokes, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread 1 T of cream cheese on one side of each slice of bread.
- Melt another knob of butter in pan on medium-high heat. Place one slice of bread (cream cheese side up) in pan. Scoop spinach/artichoke/cheese mixture onto the slice of bread. Cover with 2nd slice (cream cheese side down for this one).
- After the bottom slice is golden brown (~2 minutes), carefully flip the grilled cheese.
- While cooking the other side, put a lid on the pan to thoroughly heat the sandwich until the cheese is melted.
- Repeat for second sandwich, using the rest of the spinach/artichoke mixture.
- Cut in half & savor your triangles of cheesy, veggie heaven.
Add paprika, chili powder or hot pepper flakes to spinach & artichoke mixture to turn up the heat.
- Serve with your favorite hot sauce on top.
- Cut sandwiches into quarters for a party-appetizer.