By growing your own salad ingredients, not only are your greens fresher than store-bought supplies, but you also are guaranteed to have herbicide & pesticide-free food.
Salad isn't only for lettuce. See what we add to our favorite Seedsheet Salad!
- 1-2 handfuls of freshly harvested salad greens (arugula, spinach, tat soi, mustard greens, baby kale, beet greens, etc)
- Pinch of yellow mustard flowers
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- 1 baby beet, julienned or shredded
- 3-4 baby pea shoots
- Olive oil & vinegar (or your favorite dressing)
- S & P
- In a salad bowl or plate, arrange freshly picked & rinsed greens.
- Sprinkle on radish slices, shredded beets, pea shoots and mustard flowers.
- Drizzle olive oil & vinegar (or other dressing of choice), and grind sea salt & peppercorns on top.