Take your Taco Tuesdays to a whole new locavore-level and rival your favorite farm-to-table restaurants. Grow your own Tacos Seedsheet for the freshest ingredients, as well as tasty recipes to make things a bit more interesting. You thought farm-to-plate was "local", why not employ your porch and make a locavore dinner, porch-to-plate.
After you've planted your Tacos Garden Kit, the multi-colored crops will be ready to start harvesting from in 4 weeks with good sunlight & soil!
Makes 2-3 Rainbow Tacos, Serves 1:
- Taco shells of choice (2-3)
- Cooked & seasoned protein (ground beef, shredded chicken, tofu, etc)
- Handful of "purple frills" mustard greens
- Handful of fresh arugula
- 2-3 colored radishes, sliced into thin disks
- Handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced (or a handful of minced scallion greens)
- 1/2 cup crumbled cojita cheese
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Prep all ingredients mise en place for easy assembling.
- Lay out taco shells on a plate or cutting board, and first fill with scoop of your protein of choice.
- Add fresh toppings starting with purple frills, than arugula, radishes, cilantro, scallions, and cheese.
- Squeeze lime wedges over prepared tacos and enjoy immediately-especially with your homemade Cilantro Crema!