Eat food, mostly plants...and sometimes meat! Here is an EASY recipe to try at home.
Let your carrots dress up for the evening and make your kitchen smell delicious.
6 carrots (from your Vegetable Seedsheet)
6 slices of prosciutto
Chopped parsley (from your windowsill Herbsheet)
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Wrap each carrot with a slice of prosciutto.
3. Place in a shallow pyrex or baking sheet.
4. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove and drizzle maple syrup on top and replace in oven.
5. Bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the prosciutto is crisp.
6. Remove, garnish with a pinch of chopped parsley (photo-worthy and a little nutrient-boost!), and let cool briefly before serving (they're HOT out of the oven).
- Try this in a toaster oven--it heats up faster than a regular home oven.
- Try using honey for a different kind of sweetness.
- Leave some green stubs on the carrot tops for a little extra color.