Kale is the new wheat. Harvest your bounty of fresh kale and blend up to form a delicious, nutrient-dense pizza crust. Finally, you can eat your greens & pizza too!
What you'll need:
- 2 cups kale, de-stemmed and rinsed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (can sub almond meal or gluten-free here!)
- 1 1/4 cup grated cheese, separated
- Pinch of salt & pepper to taste
- Handful of small tomatoes, sliced
- Any additional desired toppings (basil, peppers, pepperoni, etc!)
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- In a food processor, add kale, eggs, breadcrumbs, 1 cup of cheese, salt & pepper.
- Pulse until the mixture forms a sticky ball.
- Place ball of dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Use your hands to flatten dough on sheet. Tip: if dough is too sticky, throw a little olive oil in your hands.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the crust is firm and starting to brown on the edges.
- Remove from the oven and top with the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese, sliced tomatoes, and any additional toppings.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Enjoy immediately & share if you must!
*One Pizza Seedsheet is given to a school or non-profit organization for Pizza Seedsheet purchased through our #Plant1Pledge1 Campaign. Grow it Forward with us!