How To Thin Your Herbs Seedsheet
Herbs are essential gardens to grow. We know you can't wait to top your homemade meals with these flavorful leaves.
To give plants enough room to grow, some varieties require thinning once the sprouts reach 1-2 inches tall. It may be difficult to pick out the precious seedlings, but some can be eaten, or planted in another area of fresh soil.
Steps for thinning:
- First, water the Seedsheet to saturate the soil and avoid damaging the roots.
- Second, select the healthiest plants and pull out the extras with your thumb and pointer finger.
- Only thin the SWEET BASIL (to 2 plants) in the Herbs Seedsheet. The other varieties can grow crowded together, but basil needs more space to grow healthy leaves.
- Gently pat down the soil around the remaining plants.
- The extra seedlings are microbasil! Have these as a snack, or top your salads with the delicate basil sprouts.
- Watch the basil grow lush, green leaves with the rest of your homegrown herbs!
Thin Basil to 2 plants.