How to Thin: Rainbow Chard
Rainbow Chard is a beautiful plant, and can be grown for tender, baby leaves or large and colorful mature leaves. If growing Rainbow Chard for large, mature leaves, it is necessary to thin the plants to give them enough room to grow.
HOW TO THIN Rainbow Chard:
- First, water the Seedsheet to saturate the soil and avoid damaging the roots.
- Second, select the healthiest plants and gently pull out the extras with your thumb and pointer finger.
- Thin Rainbow Chard to 2-plants so they have enough room to grow.
- Pat down the soil around the remaining plants.
- The extra seedlings can be eaten (micro-chard!), replanted in another area of fresh soil, or composted.
- Watch the remaining plants grow large and lush leaves.