How to Thin: Marigolds
Thin Marigold seedlings so the plants have enough room to grow and produce plenty of giant orange blossoms! These make fantastic pest-deterrents, so it's essential to have good flower production.
HOW TO THIN Marigolds:
- First, water the Seedsheet to saturate the soil and avoid damaging the roots.
- Second, select the healthiest plants and gently pull out the extras with your thumb and pointer finger.
- Thin Marigolds to 2-plants so they have enough room to grow.
- Pat down the soil around the remaining plants.
- Compost the extra seedlings, or plant them in another area of fresh soil.
- Watch the remaining two plants grow large leaves and big blossoms.