How to Thin: Emerald Oak Lettuce
Emerald Oak Lettuce is a well-loved variety of greens. It can be grown for a full-head of lettuce, or harvested at a "baby-leaf" state. To grow lettuce for a full-head, make sure to thin plants as instructed below. Buttery-greens here we come!
HOW TO THIN Emerald Oak Lettuce:
- First, water the Seedsheet to saturate the soil and avoid damaging the roots.
- Second, select the healthiest plants and gently pull out the extras with your thumb and pointer finger.
- Thin Emerald Oak Lettuce to 1-2 plants so they have enough room to grow.
- Pat down the soil around the remaining plants.
- The extra seedlings can be eaten (micro-lettuce!), replanted in another area of fresh soil, or composted.
- Watch the remaining plants grow large and lush leaves.