How to Thin: Dinosaur Kale
Dinosaur Kale is both stunning in the garden and dinner plate. Have you ever grown your own? For baby kale, there's no need to thin your plants. To give the kale enough room to grow large, mature leaves, thin extra plants with the tips below.
HOW TO THIN Dinosaur Kale:
- First, water the Seedsheet to saturate the soil and avoid damaging the roots.
- Second, select the healthiest plants and gently pull out the extras with your thumb and pointer finger.
- Thin Dinosaur Kale to 2-plants so they have enough room to grow.
- Pat down the soil around the remaining plants.
- The extra seedlings can be eaten (micro-kale!), replanted in another area of fresh soil, or composted.
- Watch the remaining plants grow large and lush leaves.