How to Thin: Calendula
Calendula is an easy flower to start from seed in the garden, and the blossoms will attract many beneficial insects (including pollinators)! Make sure to thin calendula plants so they have enough room to grow and produce lots of bee-friendly blooms.
HOW TO THIN Calendula:
- First, water the Seedsheet to saturate the soil and avoid damaging the roots.
- Second, select the healthiest plants and gently pull out the extras with your thumb and pointer finger.
- Thin Calendula to 2 plants so they have enough room to grow.
- Pat down the soil around the remaining plants.
- The extra seedlings can be replanted in another area with fresh soil or composted.
- Watch the remaining plants grow large leaves, and healthy blossoms.