How to Harvest Nasturtiums
Nasturtium plants grow incredibly prolific, you may need to hack the foliage back if it encroaches on a neighboring plant. Harvest Nasturtiums for the edible flowers, leaves and seeds (pickle for the "poor man's caper"). Flowers add a sweet and spicy kick on top of a fresh salad or meal garnish.
HOW TO HARVEST Nasturtium FLOWERS:
- Harvest Nasturtium leaves after about 4 weeks to taste the flavor, but wait for 7 weeks of growth for the flowers to make an appearance.
- Flowers can be harvested frequently to encourage more bloom-production.
- Take a pair of scissors and snip the stem right below a flower.
- The Nasturtium plants will continue to produce more buds and brightly-colored blossoms!
- Make a fresh salad and add that impressive, vibrant-color.