Garden Greens Tartine
Tartines are by definition, a slice of bread with a sweet or savory topping exposed right on the surface. In other words, there's no second slice of crusty bread to hide the quality of the contents. With a dish like this, the ingredients must be top-notch, after all, these receive all the attention.
Garden Greens Tartine Recipe
- A couple handfuls of greens from the Salads Seedsheet (this could include baby kale, spinach, mustard greens, arugula, and tatsoi)
- 2 pea shoots-cuttings
- 2 thick slices of crusty bread
- 2 hardboiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- olive oil
- Flaky sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Place thick, crusty bread in the toaster to get nice and firm.
- Roughly chop salad greens and place in a medium bowl.
- Massage greens with a drizzle of olive oil and lemon juice. Add a pinch of flaky salt and pepper.
- Take the bread out of the toaster, and spread the greens on top (be generous here to make it look bountiful!).
- Place quartered eggs on top of each toast.
- Line pea shoots on top of each tartine.
- Drizzle finished tartines with olive oil, flaky salt and pepper, and VOILA!