Salt & vinegar are a match made in heaven, so why not enjoy this winning flavor combo in a healthier way than potato chips? Take your bounty of cucumbers and turn them into something a little different than the usual salad with these guilt-free chips. All you need is an oven or dehydrator...the ingredients can all be found in your pantry & Seedsheets!
- Cucumbers (as many as you have on hand, we used about 3 pounds for this batch)
- A small handful of dill from your Herbs Seedsheet
- White vinegar
- Rinse & slice your cucumbers. A 1/8" slice is ideal, but try to keep them as even as possible for the most effective "cooking".
- Place the cucumber slices in a large bowl and toss with a splash of vinegar to coat, much like you're dressing a salad.
- Roughly chop your freshly harvested dill leaves, and toss those in with the cucumber slices along with some sea salt to taste.
- Place your salty-dilly-cucumber slices on trays in a dehydrator, or on a sheet pan with parchment paper in the oven (set at 170F).
- These will take about 3-4 hours to dry (depending on thickness) into the crispy chips you're looking for. Check on the chips after 3 hours and you can always leave them in longer if needed.
- Store in an airtight container. If left out, these cucumber slices will re-absorb moisture from the air and become chewy. ENJOY!