Fresh Cilantro Crema Recipe
Put an end to pre-packaged, preservative-laden dips from the grocery store, and make your own fresh cilantro crema sauce using authentic, whole ingredients.
By growing your own herbs, the flavor in this recipe really shines through. Nothing is fresher and more rewarding than harvests you grew yourself! Here is our favorite crema sauce, great to use on your Rainbow Tacos.
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Handful fresh cilantro, minced
- 3 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt (or mayonnaise)
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp freshly grated lime zest
- Juice of 1/4 of a lime
- Pinch of salt
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and adjust salt to taste.
- Serve as an accompaniment to Rainbow Tacos or as a dip for chips (we won't judge if you simply eat this stuff by the spoonful).