Caprese Hassleback Chicken
Imagine taking your homegrown, fresh caprese salad and stuffing it into a protein-packed chicken breast for one of the easiest home-cooked dinners possible.
This is proof that you can "hassleback" anything. With a only 5-10 minute prep time, this recipe is hard to resist. Up the freshness with your own tomatoes & basil ready to pick on the porch!
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place chicken breasts on a cutting board and carefully make 6-8 slices across each one, only going ¾ of the way through. *This is the "hassleback" technique
- Transfer chicken breasts into a greased baking dish.
- Stuff mozzarella, tomato, and basil into the openings, working down each piece of chicken.
- Drizzle with olive oil, oregano flakes, salt and pepper.
- Bake in oven for about 30 minutes, checking that the internal temperature of the chicken is at least 160F.
- Move each chicken breast to it's own serving plate and drizzle with balsamic reduction and fresh basil leaves.