Dilly Salmon Potato Poppers
The holiday season approaching can leave you stuck in a cooking rut-- the pressure's on if you're the host! Here's our best advice: keep it simple. Good quality ingredients will speak for themselves, and your guests will take notice. It's as easy as using the most flavorful, garden fresh herbs to brighten palette-cleansing appetizers. Check out the easy, Dilly Salmon Potato Poppers recipe below to create a fun, bite-size appetizer that will let an Indoor Herbs Seedsheet be the conversation starter (instead of your crazy uncle's politics).
Dilly Salmon Potato Poppers Recipe:
- 4 oz smoked salmon
- 2T plain yogurt
- 1T mayo
- 1/2t white wine vinegar
- 12 multicolored, tiny potatoes
- 4-6 dill leaves, chopped finely (some reserved for a garnish)
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in a bowl with a little water. Cover the bowl with a plate and microwave for 2 minutes to steam.
- Mix yogurt, mayonnaise, and vinegar in a small bowl until combined.
- Add warm potatoes into the yogurt mixture, and stir to coat.
- Stir in chopped dill and add salt + pepper to taste.
- Let potato mixture cool in the fridge for one hour or overnight (this can be done ahead!).
- Cut the smoked salmon into bite-sized pieces and wrap around each potato. Secure with a toothpick.
- Arrange on a serving platter, and sprinkle with that freshly harvested, homegrown dill.