Fennel Flannel Cocktail Recipe
With cold season approaching and the days getting shorter, there's nothing like an indoor garden, full of homegrown aromatic herbs to lift sprits (and enjoy with spirits). Planting indoor container gardens to grow fresh ingredients for entertaining is easy to do, and impressive to guests. Not only do garden-fresh cocktails taste better, they'll also be easier on the wallet and good for your health. We'll toast to that!
We put on our cocktail coats and created this Fennel Flannel botanical drink to warm up (and for an excuse to kick off whiskey season). Check out the easy ingredients and recipe below, for some cold weather cocktail inspiration.
Fennel Flannel Cocktail Ingredients:
(makes 2 cocktails, one for you...and another one for you...?)
- 6 large bronze fennel leaves (reserve 2 for garnish)
- 1 naval orange
- raw honey
- 3 oz whiskey of choice
- ICE + more ice!
- Fill cocktail shaker 3/4 of the way with ice.
- Add 3 oz whiskey to chill.
- Slice half of the orange into segments and squeeze into shaker.
- Add 4 sprigs of freshly harvested bronze fennel to the cocktail shaker.
- Drop in a spoonful of raw honey.
- Top the shaker + shake to pulverize the fresh citrus skin and aromatic fennel leaves!
- Slice two thin slices from the remaining half of the orange.
- Take two low-ball glasses and lay each slice of orange on the inner wall of each glass so it shows through.
- Fill each glass to the top with crushed ice, and strain cocktail mixture, dividing evenly into each.
- Garnish with the remaining two bronze fennel fronds for a nice aromatic hit at every sip!