Supercharge your Super Bowl party with these Plant-Powered Buffalo Wings. Will your guests realize they aren’t chicken? We think it’ll be a close call.
Plant-Powered Buffalo Wings
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup water
A dash or two of garlic powder
1 small head of cauliflower, chopped into bite-sized-trees
1/2 T melted butter
1/2 cup buffalo sauce (The bottled stuff is a serious time-saver here. You wanted to watch the game (or commercials...) right?
- Whisk together flour, water and garlic powder in a small bowl until well combined.
- Place cauliflower pieces in a large bowl, and toss with water/flour mixture to coat.
- Pour cauliflower onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in oven at 450F for 20 minutes.
- While cauliflower is in the oven, mix together the melted butter and buffalo sauce.
- Take out cooked cauliflower, pour buffalo sauce mixture on top, and replace in oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove your finished buffalo wings from the oven, and serve on a platter with your favorite dips (ranch, blue cheese) & maybe some celery sticks on the sidelines for the satisfying crunch-factor.
*Be ready to double or even triple this recipe if need be. If our test kitchen is any indicator, the "wings" didn't stand a chance for more than 5 minutes on the counter...